Dr. Vijay Dixit
As a plastic surgeon, my sole focus is on you the patient. We will work together to achieve the results you are looking for safely. I have been board certified for over 30 years as a plastic surgeon and specialize in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. Dr Vijay Dixit M.D, F.R.C.S., F.A.C.S.
Many patients select a combination of procedures to achieve the results they are looking for. Dr. Dixit will work with you to help you understand what procedures can help you achieve the best outcome, safely.
- Hand surgery
- Reconstructive surgery
- Filler injections including Botox
- Face and neck lift
- Breast augmentation, recontouring & reconstruction
- Laser plastic surgery
Types of hand surgery If your hand is impaired in any way, surgery may improve your condition. This type of very specialized surgery can...
What is breast reduction? Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammaplasty, is a procedure to remove excess breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin to...
What is breast reconstruction? Breast reconstruction is achieved through several plastic surgery techniques that attempt to restore a breast to near normal shape, appearance...
What is sclerotherapy? Sclerotherapy involves the injection of a solution into each affected vein, causing the vein to collapse and fade. A number of...
Laser Skin Resurfacing
What is laser skin resurfacing? Laser skin resurfacing, also know as a laser peel, laser vaporization and lasabrasion, can reduce facial wrinkles, scars and...
What are dermal fillers? As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so...
What is a chemical peel? A chemical peel uses a chemical solution to smooth the texture of your skin by removing the damaged outer layers. Although...
What is Botox? Botulinum toxin is a purified substance that’s derived from bacteria. Commonly known types of botulinum toxin type A injections include Botox® and...
What is Gynecomastia? Gynecomastia surgery reduces breast size, flattening and enhancing the chest contours. In severe cases of gynecomastia, the weight of excess breast...
What is liposuction? Liposuction, sometimes referred to as “lipo” by patients, slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and...
What is a facelift? A facelift, or rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the face and neck, such as:...
What is eyelid surgery? Eyelid surgery, or blepharoplasty, is a surgical procedure to improve the appearance of the eyelids. Surgery can be performed on...
What is a brow lift? A brow lift, also known as a forehead lift: Reduces the wrinkle lines that develop horizontally across the forehead, as...
What is rhinoplasty? Rhinoplasty enhances facial harmony and the proportions of your nose. It can also correct impaired breathing caused by structural defects in the...
What are facial implants? Facial implants are specially formed solid materials compatible with human tissues, designed to enhance or augment the physical structure of...
What is otoplasty? Ear surgery, also known as otoplasty, can improve the shape, position or proportion of the ear. Otoplasty can correct a defect in...
What is Chin surgery? Chin surgery, or mentoplasty, is a surgical procedure to reshape the chin either by enhancement with an implant or reduction surgery...
Breast Lift Surgery
What is breast lift surgery? A breast lift, also known as mastopexy, raises the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue...
What is breast augmentation? Breast augmentation surgery, also known as augmentation mammaplasty, is the surgical placement of breast implants to increase fullness and improve...
What is a thigh lift? Thigh lift surgery reshapes the thighs by reducing excess skin, and in some cases fat, resulting in smoother skin and...
What is a neck lift? A neck lift, or lower rhytidectomy, is a surgical procedure that improves visible signs of aging in the jawline...
What is buttock augmentation? Buttock augmentation surgery or gluteal augmentation can sometimes be referred to as a Brazilian butt lift when fat transfer is involved....
What is a body lift? A body lift improves the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports fat and skin. Excess sagging fat...
What is body contouring? Surgical body contouring following major weight loss removes excess sagging fat and skin while improving the shape of the underlying support...
Things to Know
Dr. Dixit does charge for consultation for all cosmetic procedures. Insurance may cover consultation for reconstructive procedures, but as per our financial policy, patients are responsible for all charges not covered by insurance.
You can learn more about many of the procedures that Dr. Dixit performs, what makes a patient a good candidate for a surgery and how procedures are performed in the procedures section of our website.
For further information please consult with Dr Dixit or visit the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Website.
Plastic Surgery is an important decision.
There have been many advancements in plastic surgery over the past several years and one of the most important aspects of deciding whether or not to undergo is a procedure is your surgeon.
Dr Dixit is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Choosing an ASPS Member Surgeon ensures that you have selected a physician who:
- Has completed at least five years of surgical training with a minimum of two years in plastic surgery.
- Is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face and reconstruction.
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfills continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
- Is board certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery or in Canada by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®.
Surgery is an important and individual decision. Below are a list of questions that you may want to ask Dr Dixit.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- How many procedures of this type have you performed?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my surgery?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for each procedure and what results are reasonable for me?